The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) Science Media Award is currently accepting entries for outstanding science reporting in Nigeria.
The NAS Science Media Award was established in 2010 to reward outstanding science reporting. The yearly awards, now in its 7th year seek to promote excellence in science and science-related journalism.
The awards are open to all print and broadcast journalists who published science or science-related stories (health, environment etc.) in the previous year.
The top prize consists of a plaque, a tablet computer and a cash award of N200,000 each to the winners in print and broadcast categories. The runner-up in each category wins a tablet computer and a cash award of N50,000; and you could be the lucky winner.
The award ceremony holds in Lagos at the Academy’s annual appreciation luncheon for science journalists on Wednesday, 10th of May, 2017.
This will be preceded by the presentation of awards. This media award has produced eleven winners so far. They are:
1. Mr. Emeka Anuforo – 1st winner of the Science Print Journalist of the year 2010
2. Ms. Vivienne Irikefe – 1st winner of the Science Broadcast Journalist of the year 2010
3. Mr. Onche Odeh – Science Print Journalist of the year 2011
4. Ms. Oluwatoyosi Ogunseye – Science Print Journalist of the year 2012
5. Ms. Adebukola Adebayo – Science Print Journalist of the year 2013
6. Ms. Folasade Adebayo, Science Print Journalist of the year 2014
7. Ms. Vivienne irikefe, Science Broadcast Journalist of the year 2014
8. Mr. Kunle Falayi, Runner-up (Print category)
9. Ms. Jennifer Igwe – Runner-up (Broadcast category)
10. Ms. Motunrayo Joel, Science Print Journalist of the year 2015
11. Mr. Arukaino Umukoro – Runner-up (Print Journalist)
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for submission is Thursday, 6th of April, 2017